Kid-friendly? Yes – Making
Bathroom products composed of luxe organic ingredients are a sought-after gifting solution. Sugar scrubs – a popular product used for exfoliating the skin in the shower – are surprisingly easy to whip up in your kitchen.
This recipe makes a batch of scrub that should last 5-10 uses, and can be stored in the bathroom, although we recommend using within 3 months. It’s used by rubbing it over the skin (as you would a shower gel) and rinsing off. We don’t recommend using it on the face, as sugar is a relatively heavy duty exfoliant.
- ½ cup brown sugar, loosely packed
- ½ cup coffee beans, ground
- ½ cup coconut oil, solid
- ¼ cup almond oil
- 1 heaped tablespoon cacao, powdered
- Glass jar with airtight lid, small to medium sized – ideally with an opening that the recipient can fit their
- Twine and hole-punched card label (or stick-on label)
- Place scrub ingredients together in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer into jar and label. You may like to write instructions for use on the label.