Kid-friendly? Yes – Making
When it comes to wavy hair, synthetic products and fancy devices can’t compete with the power of the sea. For those of us who can’t make to the beach at the drop of a hat, trusty salt does the job. Bottle up this personalised concoction to gift beach chic to a stylish friend.
To use, simply shake the bottle and spray onto damp hair after washing, roughly style strands to your liking, and allow to air dry. A further mist can then be added if desired.
- 1 tablespoon Epsom salt
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup chamomile tea, hot (best brewed strong, using loose chamomile flowers)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon aloe vera (best fresh squeezed from plant)
- A few drops of lavender essential oil
- Small sprig of rosemary
- Reusable spray bottle
- Twine and hole-punched card label (or stick-on label)
- Place all ingredients except aloe and lemon in a bowl and combine to dissolve salt. Place in fridge and allow tea to cool.
- Add aloe and lemon to mix.
- Decant into spray bottle, add sprig of rosemary and label. You may like to write instructions for use on the label.